Enoch Powell

Discussion of various public figures

Re: Enoch Powell

Postby Gavin » 13 Dec 2014, 00:25

Yes, I think Nigel Farage can be proud of having sought the support of a man of Enoch Powell's immense intelligence and (real) education, who has now been proven correct.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 13 Dec 2014, 19:22

It seems the Telegraph's latest smear attempt against UKIP failed as usual.

anychangegov wrote:Enoch Powell was a kind, generous, caring, calm, thoughtful, insightful, circumspect, brilliant man.
A combination of traits so unusual in a politician, he wouldn't actually qualify to be one now.
His two biggest 'faults' were: honesty and courage.
Both as unforgivable sins by his peers then, as his unworthy successors now.

Callan wrote:Enoch Powell was that rare creature, almost extinct amongst todays politicians, a patriot, a man who listened to his constituents and voiced their concerns. Unlike the Soubry's and Thornberry's and Simon Hughes'. Enoch Powell was a man who served his country in war time, he was a war hero. He expected to die in the service of his country and was somewhat disorientated at the end of the war to find himself still alive. He was the foremost Greek scholar of his age, a man of towering intellect, amongst other things, he spoke fluent Urdu, hardly an accomplishment one would associate with a "racist". If Nigel Farage sees Enoch Powell as an inspiration, the man has gone up immeasurably in my estimation.

MrPugg wrote:As the DT wrote in 1998 upon his death - "Enoch Powell was a brilliant Politician", and so he was.

He had a distinguished career in the Army during the war years as an intelligence officer. He had vision and gave forewarning of Britains impending war with Germany.

If you were to compress his 'famous speech' it simply warns of the problems this country could be affected by with mass immigration and altering the British way of life and culture. And July 7th and other events have proved him right.

WatTylersGhost wrote:Before entering politics, he had been a classical scholar, becoming a full Professor of Ancient Greek at the age of 25. During the Second World War, he served in both staff and intelligence positions, reaching the rank of brigadier in his early thirties. He also wrote poetry, his first works being published in 1937, as well as many books on classical and political subjects.

A CV that most in politics today can only dream of.

Nautonier wrote:The murder of Lee Rigby?
If you're white British you're 90 times more likely to be murdered by someone of a different colour or 'race' than another white person?
Rochdade, Rotherham - need anyone spell out further details there
UK security forces on full stretch trying to deal with you know who

What is it about blood that the DT fails to understand ... Enoch Powell's prophetic words have already been fully vindicated and sadly the worst is still yet to come.

Enoch Powell did not make his words of warning toxic ... that was the down to the toxic MSM and toxic WME politicians

Apparently more comments are being deleted than usual, but still there are many worth reading at the link, all along these lines.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Rigsby » 13 Dec 2014, 19:59

The censorship on DT is so blatant it is laughable. The best rated comments of a few hours ago have all gone, and the now highest rated comment is very much swimming against the tide. I'm also seeing this a lot on Breitbart.

I find this quite encouraging because it means that somebody...somewhere...is starting to worry about people sharing opinions that are not on message.
Rigsby

Postby Nathan » 13 Dec 2014, 20:09

After I read the disapproving tone of the DT article I linked to yesterday which first revealed the connection between Nigel Farage and Enoch Powell I knew there would be no point reading any more articles on him because of what the line would inevitably be.

One thing worth mentioning about Enoch Powell and the Telegraph though, is that while the 2011 riots were going on the transcript of the Rivers of Blood speech was listed high up on the "Most read" list on the Telegraph website for days and days, even though it had been posted on the website years earlier and was hidden away in the archives. It came back to or near the top of the listings just after the Lee Rigby murder.

I'd be intrigued to meet a Telegraph reader who actually doesn't think Enoch had a point, to be honest.
Nathan

Previous

Return to Public Figures