James Woods

Discussion of various public figures

James Woods

Postby Gavin » 26 Sep 2013, 20:23

Right wing actors are thin on the ground, with most inside Hollywood being ultra-liberal (looking at you, John Cusack, Matt Damon, George Clooney, virually any female), in great contrast with their corporate paymaster.

One has to respect the conservative leaning ones, though, and when you look at the list it tends to feature the men who've played some of the hardest characters in cinema, the people you'd want on your side. There are some great quotes to be found from the likes of Clint and Jon Voight. Apparently John Malkovich is so much a conservative that people think he's pretending.

Anyway, brought to my attention recently were tweets from none other than James Woods, who's putting up a resilient defence against the liberals on a day-to-day basis. #InstaBlock!

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 21.12.53.png
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: James Woods

Postby Caleb » 27 Sep 2013, 00:11

I liked that line about John Malkovich.

As for the corporate paymaster, that's a really interesting point. I don't see Hollywood (the executives or the actors) as so much right wing or left wing in the main as just full of baloney. Both the executives and the actors preach left wing values, but certainly don't live by a lot of them. They sound like Marxists, but live and act like robber barons. Silicon Valley is the same. People fall for this hook, line and sinker though and think these guys care about them. Yeah, well try visiting their neighbourhoods then. It's kind of like how much of Latin America has traditionally had extremely left wing governments and socialites, yet in practice, has always had gated communities full of people with private jets and their money off-shore. Meanwhile, the favelas have never been far away. Billionaires actually tend to vote Democrat, and many/most Democrat members of Congress are extremely wealthy. I take what most rich liberals say with a grain of salt these days.
Caleb

Re: James Woods

Postby Gavin » 29 Sep 2013, 11:29

Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Public Figures