Where Dalrymple writes

Dalrymple has written hundreds of articles
About this forum
Dalrymple has written a lot of articles. We suggest that in order to comment on a particular article you first run a search for it. If you find it, comment there. If not, please begin a new topic with that essay title.

Where Dalrymple writes

Postby Gavin » 22 Mar 2012, 09:43

Here's a list of the usual places, starting with City Journal.
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Where Dalrymple writes

Postby Mike » 25 Jun 2012, 09:03

He has started writing for a new site called Law and Liberty. Two very interesting pieces up already.
Mike

Postby Gavin » 25 Jun 2012, 09:54

Thanks very much for the alert, Mike. I was just thinking of having a hunt around and trying to see if he was writing anywhere without us knowing.

I will open entries for these posts under Articles. I sometimes wonder whether TD reads this site. Probably not often, I would say, but he might have seen it. I'm sure he wouldn't agree with view expressed (including by mine), but hopefully he would like most!
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » 15 Feb 2013, 23:19

Just so we note it here, the guys at Skeptical Doctor maintain a good list of most of TD's articles along with some comments.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » 15 Feb 2013, 23:50

He seems to be writing quite a bit for Standpoint Magazine now.
Elliott

Postby Gavin » 23 Feb 2013, 11:33

TD is still turning out a lot of excellent articles over at his blog at The Salisbury Review. Too many for us to catalogue each really, but they're all the usual interesting, insightful material.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » 13 May 2013, 17:04

Some of Dalrymple's books have appeared in Dutch, and some of his articles have been translated into German, on this website:

http://ef-magazin.de/autor/theodore-dalrymple

Nothing in French that I can find, although he lives there.
Andreas

Postby Mike » 27 Jun 2015, 08:28

Some of you may not know that TD has started a blog of sorts on the Psychology Today website. Some of the articles are very thought-provoking, including the one on alternative medicine (in which TD reaches a conclusion which one might not expect of him).

I should add that reading just about anything else on that website may be seriously damaging to your intelligence. TD's pieces are islands in an ocean of drivel there.
Mike

Postby Mike » 08 Jul 2015, 12:47

TD's Spectator back catalogue (much of it under the name Edward Theberton) is available on the newspaper's archive. Many of the reports are from the various Soviet satellites in Africa - compelling reading.

Amusing to note, in connection with this story, that a TD piece is linked to a plug for a John Pilger documentary. And more amusing still: TD appears in the documentary in question!
Mike

Postby Gavin » 09 Jul 2015, 14:05

Hello all, from New York City, and thanks for this, Mike!
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Articles